Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Checking In.

I haven't disappeared, I swear!


Crazy thing is that I think about this blog every day and think of all the things I wish I could post as they come up. Shitty that I can't blog from work. :(


Okay... just some updates and then I'll write more this weekend, and post new pictures.


I took my 1-hour Glucose Test for Gestational Diabetes about 2 weeks ago, and FAILED!

Fuck.

So, then I had to go back to lab corps to do the 3-hour test (turned into 4 hours total). I had to fast for 12 hours, then go in and have my blood drawn 4 times over a period of 3 hours after drinking the crappy sugar drink.

Suuuuuper fun.

I worried like crazy. They told me that since I fasted before my 1-hour test and still came up high, then I'd most likely have Gestational Diabetes.

So, yesterday afternoon I got the call from the doctor's office...

I DON'T HAVE IT! WOOHOO!
My test results came out perfect! Yay!!!

The lady told me to go celebrate with a cookie.

I informed her that I was already eating a piece of cake. :)


Hmm... what else?


Have been dealing with some major stress with my family, which has led to battling some major depression there for a bit. Will write more about that later.


My first baby shower is tomorrow at work! I can't wait!!! YAY!!!!!!


Okay, off to bed, now... I'm exhausted. I have to save all my energy for mass consumption of junk food at the baby shower tomorrow.

Priorities, people...

1 comment:

misguided mommy said...

Question, I have this
http://fleurville.com/product/sling-tote

In the powder blue...would you be interested in it? I barely used it