Monday, February 16, 2009

Shitty Weekend. Literally.

What a shit weekend.

Well, really, there was some good in there too.

So, it all started on Friday morning. I usually start work at 6am, but when my alarm went off at 4:15am, I wasn't feeling very well, so I decided to snooze and be into work by 8am. I slept in a bit, got in the shower at 6, then gave work a call to let them know I'd be in by 8. Now, every day when I'm getting ready, I watch a movie in the bathroom on the portable DVD player that my husband got me several years ago. I LOVE THIS. It is really one of the highlights of my day. I get to watch whatever I want, and it makes getting ready less boring. Well, last weekend when Marshall (my hubby) had been cleaning out the garage, he was using the DVD player out there. So this Friday morning, I went out to the garage after my shower to go get it, and realized that not only was it not there on the shelf, but our garage door was open as well. Hmm. Well, maybe Marshall left the door open by accident last night, and he had already brought the DVD player back in for me and I just hadn't realized it. Okay. So go back inside, check... no DVD player. Hmm. Back to the garage. Son of a bitch. Not only is the DVD player gone and the garage door open, but now I see that Marshall's big miter saw (whatever the hell a "miter" saw is... to me it's just a bit saw) is also gone from the shelf, the side-door to the backyard from the garage is also open, and the light outside that door is on. (Note: We don't ever leave that light on, because if we do it shines relentlessly into our bedroom, preventing us from sleeping; also, that back door was locked and closed when I fed our dog the night before.) So I run back in to wake up hubby and tell him that I think we were robbed. He jumps out of bed, and then confirms that his air compressor is also missing. Another call to work to let them know I'll be in whenever, since I was robbed and have to figure some shit out. Police come, take a report, give us our case number for our Residential Burglary. Hooray. Now we are out a saw, a portable DVD player, the movie Full Metal Jacket (which was in the DVD player), and an air compressor. None of which we're likely to ever see again. Damnit.

Jump forward a few hours to work. Time for lunch. Girlfriend Erin and I go to Chili's. I order a delicious looking plate of food, which I sort of pick at. I'm not super hungry. Not sure if it's because of my raging sinus infection and bronchitis. Get back to work. Go use the bathroom. Wash my hands. Then rush back into the stall and proceed to barf up my entire lunch and then some. Great. Super. I feel like shit now. Go tell my supervisor that I'm going to take the rest of the day off. One co-worker feels sorry for me, another co-worker looks at me like I'm a pussy with that "of course you're throwing up, you're pregnant" look. Nope, sorry sweetheart, this is not pregnancy-related throwing-up. I've only thrown up 2x while pregnant so far and both times have been a quick little gaggy-up-chuck... NOTHING like this. So I get home. I'm feeling very sorry for myself. Meanwhile, hubby is home installing dead-locks on our recently burglarized home.

Hours pass... I have since camped out either in the bathroom or on the couch, my body completely ridding itself of anything and everything possible. I am convinced that I either have the flu, or a sweet case of food poisoning from God knows what. Even more exciting is that I'm supposed to start my antibiotic horse pill for the crap-tastic bronchitis and sinus infection, which the pharmacist informed me would "upset my stomach" so to "take with food." Ha. Yeah. Right. As if that's a remote possibility at this point. Whatev. I'll just start it tomorrow.

All night and next day, no different. Still miserable. Trying to re-coop with lots of Gatorade. It's now Valentine's Day. We have reservations at a super nice restaurant that I've been looking forward to for 2 weeks. I'll be damned if I'm not going to eat until my heart's content. I'll just deal with the consequences later. So we go, and we have an INCREDIBLE dinner at David's Grill out at the Resort at Red Hawk where we were married this last June. Came home. Absolutely paid the price for eating all those tender sweet lamb chops, rich buttery mushroom risotto, melt-in-your-mouth petite fillet, orgasmic white-chocolate caramel bread pudding... aaaaaah... sooooo totally worth the pain.

Sunday was pretty tentative, but okay. Feeling weak because I'm COMPLETELY DEHYDRATED, but I'm chugging Gatorade like there's no tomorrow. Got a call from Mom. My Uncle died that morning (technically my great uncle, but not much difference to me)... he was an amazing, sweet man. Funeral will probably be next weekend in Modesto, CA. Damn. Get ready in my bathroom with no DVD player. Fuck. Tried to eat pizza. Regretted it. Went to the Reno Boat, RV & Home Show with hubby. Drooled over all the RVs. Went to Barnes & Noble. Got a new pregnancy journal and a board game. Went home. Ate Top Ramen for dinner (Have I mentioned that I really do love Top Ramen?) Then for the rest of the night layed around and played board games in front of a fire with my hubby. It was really nice. :)

So basically, the whole weekend has been a lot of shit mixed in with some pretty good times. It was a good weekend to spend time just Marshall and I. Maybe we sort of knew that with shit going so bad, we just needed each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the ramen sounds like the highlight of the weekend