Monday, December 1, 2008

A Weighty Issue



Gah. My pants are getting tighter around my tummy already. Maybe just pregnancy bloat? I know the baby is the size of a raspberry, so it's not like he's needing too much extra room right now. But I swear to God, my stomach is already pooching out. I've needed new jeans in a baaaad way for some time now, but I'll be damned if I'm going to buy maternity clothes at only 2 (almost 3) months preggo. My pride can't handle it. My girlfriend says I should just suck it up and buy a pair of maternity jeans since I'll have to in a bit anyways. I had to point out that just like she refuses to buy any jeans labeled above a size 10/11, I refuse to buy maternity pants this early on. Truth be told, I'd loooove to be in comfortable maternity clothes right now. But if anyone were to see that belly band and ask how far along I am, then give me the "oh really?!" face when I tell them, I'd likely die of embarrassment.

That's really bad, isn't it?


It doesn't help when I go see my skinny-ass cousin-in-law at Thanksgiving who is 2 months farther along than I am and has barely a little tummy bulge going on. She says her clothes are just now becoming limited.

Hello! My name is Sarah and I feel like a beast next to you.

And then one of my co-workers keeps asking if I'm going to lose (yes, LOSE) weight during pregnancy. She's pointed out several people that have lost all sorts of weight (60 lbs, are you freaking kidding me?!) during their pregnancy. I especially love how she throws in the obligatory "Oh, but I'm not suggesting that you NEED to lose weight!" I responded that I'm going to do whatever my doctor tells me is healthy. Quite the concept, eh?

I can tell you this much... I know I'm not going to LOSE weight during pregnancy. In fact, I know I've already gained a few pounds. And I know I'm not going to be the woman that gains 100 lbs because I'm "eating for 2 at Taco Bell every night." (Well, shit. I suppose I don't really "know" exactly how things will turn out.) But I do know what I don't want to happen, and I'm going to try with all my might to make good decisions as often as possible.

I just want a healthy, happy pregnancy! I don't want people to negatively judge my pregnancy in comparison to their own. I want to hear amazing stories, advice and encouragement!

Not too much to ask for, right?

No comments: