Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Breaking the News to the Grandparents-To-Be














So this was the night we went to my parent's house to tell them that they were going to be grandparents! I had already had it planned out for years in my head how we were going to tell them, and was soooo excited for the opportunity! I went to Target and bought some cute little sockies (couldn't find booties that I loved), and wrapped one pair for Mom to open and the other for Dad. We went to their house with an alibi of having to return their chairs to them, and that we were on "that side of town" to go look at furniture at RC Willey so we'd just "stop by." I don't really think they suspected anything was up, so that was even better! Although as soon as I made them each sit down at the dinner table, they must have known something was going on, hehe. So we handed them each their package, told them to open them at the same time, then watched their faces as the "NO WAY" look appeared. It was awesome! Of course, Mom started bawling, and Dad insisted that he knew that's why we were coming over. My husband snuck in the champagne and sparkling cider we had brought, then we all celebrated! It was so amazing to live that long dreamed of moment... it was just as special as I had imagined.

No comments: